The Diaconate Formation Office of the Diocese of Brooklyn has a three-fold mission:
- The promotion, recruiting, and formation of future deacons, to administer the five-year formation program for men who are called to serve as ordained deacons in the Church.
- To collaborate with the Sacred Heart Institute with the promotion and registration of the ordained in their spiritual and pastoral formation programs.
- To provide support to the deacons, their wives, and the widows of deceased deacons by offering opportunities for social gatherings, prayer, and fraternity. The office also serves as a resource to deacons facing any type of personal or ministerial difficulties.
Information for Men Interested in Diaconate Formation
If you believe the Lord is calling you to serve as one of His deacons, please speak to your Pastor first and let him know about your desire to find out more information about diaconate formation and the admissions process. Please note that the age of those men interested in applying to diaconal formation must be between 35 and 60 years old and live within the boundaries of the Diocese of Brooklyn and Queens.
To find out more about the program and the admissions process please call the office at 718-281-9577 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to set up a meeting with the Formation Coordinator of the Program. He will then contact you and set a meeting with you and your wife (if married) on a day and time that is convenient for both.
Follow the links below to learn more about the diaconate and the process for becoming a deacon:
– About the Diaconate | Acerca del Diaconado
– FAQ About the Diaconate | Preguntas Frecuentes sobre el Diaconado
– About Formation | Acerca de la Formación
– Admissions Process | Proceso de Admisiones
– Criteria for Admissions in Formation | Criterio para Admissiones en Formación
310 Prospect Park West
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Dr. Deacon John Cantirino
718-281-9577 / 718-965-7300 Ext. 5413