The Diaconate Formation Office of the Diocese of Brooklyn has a three-fold mission:
- The promotion, recruiting and formation of future deacons, to administer the five-year formation program for men who are called to serve as ordained deacons in the Church.
- To collaborate with the Sacred Heart Institute with the promotion and registration of the ordained in their spiritual and pastoral formation programs.
- To provide support to the deacons, their wives and the widows of deceased deacons by offering opportunities for social gatherings, prayer and fraternity. The office also serves as a resource to deacons facing any type of personal or ministerial difficulties.
2017 Inquiry Sessions For Men Interested in Diaconate Formation
If you believe the Lord is calling you to serve as one of His Deacons, please speak to your Pastor first and let him know about your desire find out more information about diaconate formation and apply to our formation program. Then take part in our inquiry period. Every potential applicant is asked to attend one inquiry session and a retreat day with his wife, if married. Please note that the age to apply to formation is 35 to 60 years old. Dates, Times and Locations for Inquiry Sessions and Retreat Days
Follow the links below to learn more about the diaconate and the process for becoming a deacon:
– About the Diaconate | Acerca del Diaconado
– FAQ About the Diaconate | Preguntas Frecuentes sobre el Diaconado
– About Formation | Acerca de la Formación
– Admissions Process | Proceso de Admisiones
– Criteria for Admissions in Formation | Criterio para Admissiones en Formación
310 Prospect Park West, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Phone: 718-281-9575 Fax: 718-399-5957
Deacon Jorge González
718-281-9575 / 718-965-7300 Ext. 5577
718-281-9577 / 718-965-7300 Ext. 5413