Respect Life Ministry is one of the areas encompassed under the Secretariat for Evangelization and Catechesis in the Diocese of Brooklyn. The vision of Respect Life Ministry is to uphold the sanctity and dignity of all human life from conception to natural death.
Respect Life Ministry is organized across several areas:
– Education: An educational/public information effort to inform, clarify and deepen understanding of the basic issues concerning pro-life activities. Read more.
– Pastoral: A pastoral effort addressed to the specific needs of women with problems related to pregnancy and to those who have had, or have taken part in, an abortion. For a list of resources click here.
– Public Policy: Legislative, judicial and administrative efforts to support effective legal protection for the right to life. This area is under the direction of Msgr. Kieran Harrington, Vicar for Communications, through the Office of Government Affairs in the Diocese of Brooklyn and DeSales Media Group. Additional information is available at the New York State Catholic Conference.
March For Life
January 24, 2020
The diocese’s Secretariat for Evangelization is sending one bus to the March for Life in Washington D.C., on Friday, Jan 24, 2020. The bus will leave from the diocesan offices, located at 310 Prospect Park West in Park Slope at 6:30 am. The cost is $25 per person.
To reserve seats, contact Martha Hernandez at 718-281-9540 or email@example.com by Jan. 17.
Please note that the following parishes also will be making the trip to the March for Life. For information on reserving a seat on one of these buses, contact the contact person directly.
-Holy Family (Flushing)
Cathy Donohue: 917-929-2752
– Immaculate Conception (Astoria)
– Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Queens)
-St. Frances De Sales (Belle Harbor)
-St. Joseph (Astoria)
Ann Gilmartin: 718-651-9017
-Queen of Angels (Sunnyside)
-Sts. Peter & Paul – Epipahny (Williamsburg)
Director, Marriage, Family & Respect Life Education
Secretariat for Evangelization and Catechesis
718-965-7300 ext. 5541