St. Francis of Assisi
2117 45th Street
Astoria, New York 11105
Position: DRE or CRE
Reports to: Pastor
Employment: Part-time to start 20 hours a week
1- Administer the Religious Education Program. At present, we have a mid-size religious education program. The program is held on Sunday mornings from 10:30 am to 12 Noon. The children are strongly encouraged to attend the 9:30 am Family Mass and then go over to the school.
2- Prepare candidates for the RCIA program.
3- Administer the Confirmation Program (8th grade) and set up parent meetings, and a prayer day for those to be confirmed.
4- Administer the First Penance and First Communion program (2nd grade) and set up parent meetings, a day of prayer for Penance, and a day of prayer for Holy Communion.
5- Prepare the yearly calendar, office responsibilities, record keeping, and other duties as assigned.
The applicant should be a practicing Catholic and meet the requirements for the Diocesan Safe Environment Program. Have prior experience and be able to collaborate with staff and school. Possess speaking and organizational skills. Have computer skills.
Start Date: TBD
Resume and Cover letters accepted ASAP. Submit to Msgr. Ralph J. Maresca at email@example.com
Saint Thomas the Apostle RC Church
87-19 88th Woodhaven NY 11421
Position: Part-Time Coordinator of Religious Education
Reports to: Administrator
Employment: Part-Time CRE, to take care of Religious Education, up to 15 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a proactive approach to administrative responsibilities, planning, project management, and support for current and new Religious Education.
- Maintains a relationship with the pastor, other parish staff members, commission, catechetical staff, and Diocesan Office of Faith Formation.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates catechists and support staff.
- Develops goals, objectives, and strategies for the total religious education program.
- Articulates a vision/direction for the parish catechetical program.
- Helps along with the pastor to integrate the children’s parents and families into the life of the Parish.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Be a person of deep Catholic faith, high moral values, and of good reputation in the community
- Sufficient administrative and organizational skills to run the program smoothly and professionally
- Be a good bilingual public speaker (English and Spanish) and have excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Sheets/Docs/etc. and Contemporary social media platforms
- Loyal to the Church’s Teachings and life as well as the Local Diocese and Parish
Minimum Requirements for Coordinator of Religious Education:
A Qualified Coordinator of Religious Education will:
- Be a fully initiated practicing Catholic in good standing
- Meet all the requirements of the Diocesan Safe Environment Office
- Preferably hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in an appropriate field such as Theology, Religious Education, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry and/or have completed a diocesan program in formation such as the Holy Spirit Institute
- Commit to ongoing spiritual formation and professional development
Start Date: Preferably, last week of July, or the first week of August 2022
Resume & Cover Letters Accepted ASAP and reviewed on a rolling basis:
Fr. Francisco J. Walker