The role of the parish liaison is to provide a connection between the Pastoral Institute and the local parish community, including the pastor, parish staff, commissioned lay pastoral leaders, current program participants and potential future participants. Depending on the needs of the individual parish, the liaison will:
- Advocate for lay ministry and lay ministry formation with the pastor and parish staff
- Promote continuing formation opportunities and other events among the commissioned lay pastoral leaders
- Encourage and recruit new participants from among the parish community for the ten-week Foundations for Ministry Program and the three-year Lay Ministry Program
- Distribute information about events and programs from the Pastoral Institute
- When able, speak at weekend Masses, Parish Pastoral Council meetings and other times about the benefits of participating in the programs offered by the Pastoral Institute
- Provide feedback to the Pastoral Institute from pastor, parish staff members, alumni and participants.