Youth Ministry Coordinator Position (Multiple locations available)
This position oversees and advocates for a Youth Ministry at a local parish.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator (YMC) will work with the Volunteer Youth Ministry Team to coordinate parish youth ministry (Junior and High School aged youth) opportunities as well as collaborate with other parish leaders in building a sustainable, active youth program.
Part-time positions should be 15-20 hours a week.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The YMC will work with and guide parish volunteers to ensure that the eight ministry components of Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry are developed within their specific youth ministry program.
The YMC will collaborate with the parish pastor in creating a vision and goal setting for the youth ministry program. The YMC will assist and guide the parish in creating events, gatherings, retreats, service projects and other ideas to fulfill the ministry needs and needs of youth in general.
Communication and Collaboration
- Maintain a realistic gathering schedule based on the requests of the youth and support parish staff.
- Communicate with, inform and support other parish staff, leaders and ministers on a parish level.
- Connect and collaborate youth ministry program with other parish ministries in supporting overall parish mission.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in all relationships.
Program Planning and Evaluation
In conjunction with the parish the YMC will:
- Review curriculum and program resource for junior and high school aged youth.
- Organize youth gatherings in conjunction with liturgical calendar; consisting of weekly events, discussions, ice breakers, topics, etc.
- Works with youth ministry teams (volunteers) to help design and/or select program materials in conjunction with the parish pastor/administrator.
- Coordinate and assist with:
- Prayer and worship experiences
- Justice and service projects
- Youth leadership (peer to peer) development
- Teen Bible Study
Program Recruitment and Formation
The YMC in conjunction with youth ministry teams (volunteer) and/or parish DRE will:
- Encourage, promote and identify catechesis for junior and senior high school youth.
- Provide opportunities (as per Diocesan Regulations and in coordination with each parish DRE) for catechist training, lesson planning and lesson ideas.
- Use the parish lists of those who recently received Confirmation to invite youth to participate in parish youth activities.
The YMC will be responsible for two review reports submitted to the pastor as well as to the Catholic Foundation and Secretariat of Evangelization of the Diocese of Brooklyn on the progress of the program.
- The YMC must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing and sensitive to a variety of Catholic Experiences.
- The YMC must have VIRTUS certification, background check and Code of Conduct forms signed and provided to Diocesan Safe Environment.
- The YMC is expected to be familiar with the document “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry: (Department of Education, USCC1997.)
- The YMC must be self-initiating and possess good organizational skills; be able to work cooperatively with parish employees and volunteers, as well as priests, religious and lay people of the affiliated parishes.
- He/She should possess good public relations skills and be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in a positive and professional manner.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
- He/she should be available on weekends and evenings as realistically needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Attend Professional Development trainings and conferences provided by the Catholic Foundation and Secretariat of Evangelization office.
- Demonstrated successful leadership and personal role modeling in parish and/or Diocesan youth ministry as a Youth Minister, Pastoral Assistant, or equivalent position.
|Basilica of Regina Pacis
|Holy Innocents R.C. Church
|Holy Name of Jesus R. C. Church
|Most Holy Trinity – St. Mary R.C. Church
|Most Precious Blood – Ss. Simon and Jude R.C. Church
|Our Lady of Angels R.C. Church
|Our Lady of Fatima R.C. Church
|Our Lady of Hope R.C. Church
|Our Lady of Mount Carmel R.C. Church
|Our Lady Queen of Martyrs R.C. Church
|St. Bartholomew R.C. Church
|St. Brigid R.C. Church
|St. Francis De Sales R.C. Church
|St. Joan of Arc R.C. Church
|St. Raphael R.C. Church
|Long Island City
|St. Therese of Lisieux R.C. Church
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org