The special education opportunities available in the Laboure Program are designed to provide the best possible educational services to children with learning disabilities who possess a valid Individual Education Plan (IEP). The program is a long term commitment to supporting those children whose cognitive abilities fall short of the current New York State Performance Standards in the absence of support or are in need of a Functional Life Skills program.
Our scholars are students with special needs. We need highly skilled and dedicated special educators. Ideal candidates are incredibly reflective practitioners, always willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. The most successful teachers love challenges, collaboration, and above all else educating the whole child.
- Provide targeted small group instruction to students throughout the day
- Write and update Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Provide direct service to students to help them achieve their IEP goals
- Refer students for initial and repeat evaluations
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent special education laws and policies
- Work collaboratively with grade level teams across content areas
- Assist teachers with differentiation in the classroom
- Participate as part of the student intervention referral team
- Support with assessment of students as proctors and monitors of examinations, including the administration of testing accommodations
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the different needs of students
- Facilitate testing accommodations
- Assist with non-instrumental supervision of students, such as arrival/dismissal, hallway monitoring, substitute teaching, lunch and playground duty, or supervision of extracurricular activities
- Assist in moving students to proper locations during fire drills, and sports or art programs
- When absent, ensures all substitute plans are clear and thorough
- Keep accurate and organized records of student information
- New York State Teaching Certification, preferred
- 2+ years of teaching experience, preferred
- Master’s Degree in Education, preferred
- New York State certification in special education, required
Interested applicants should send a resume with their salary requirements, along with a letter of interest specifying the position for which they are applying to email@example.com
This position will remain posted until filled.