The Diocesan Accounting Office is seeking a full charge accountant to perform all accounting, reporting and cash management functions for a number of entities within the Diocese of Brooklyn.
- Produce and analyze financial statements for entities on a monthly basis.
- Produce financial statements on an annual basis which will be ready for immediate and efficient audit.
- Prepare presentation for meetings of Boards of Directors or trustees.
- Perform cash management functions for entities to ensure that funds are fully invested for best returns.
- Be responsive to information requests from both Accounting Office and Operations executives.
- Write manual checks for applicable entities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of two to four (2-4) years’ experience in accounting field.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Working knowledge of accounting databases.
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of the tenets of the Catholic faith.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maximum organizational skills as well as ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly.
Interested applicants should send a resume, three professional references, along with a letter of interest specifying their salary requirements and the position for which they are applying to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain posted until filled. No agencies please.