St. Kevin Catholic Academy located in Flushing/Auburndale, NY is seeking dynamic candidates for the position of Director of Advancement.
The Director of Advancement will report to the Principal, and will be responsible for the planning, coordination and directing those activities that enhance enrollment and attract the necessary philanthropic support to provide sufficient resources to ensure excellent educational programs and long term viability of St. Kevin Catholic Academy.
- Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the marketing, recruitment and retention of students. This includes but is not limited to open houses, school visits and tours, registration and brochure creation.
- Work closely with key volunteers, coordinate the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students.
- Plan, collect data, make projections and report enrollment management data.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and goal oriented Annual Fund
- Establish and set Annual Fund goals in collaboration with the Principal, Academy Board of Directors and the Advancement Committee
- Plan, manage, and implement major gifts and events. This includes, but is not limited to: prospect identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, gift processing and acknowledgement
- Coordinate the development of an Alumni database, collect news of and information about the members of the alumni for publication, and keeping accurate records of the school’s alumni via an electronic database.
- Work to create and support a culture of philanthropy within the Academy
- Responsible for setting and maintaining professional writing and design standards for school communication. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Electronic and or print publications including school newsletters, the Annual Fund Magazine, marketing materials, giving brochures, and direct mail peices.
- Electronic communications including website, email and social media outlets.
- Media relations including advertising and press release in local newspapers, local media coverage of Academy events.
- Work with the Academy Parent’s Association to identify, recruit and engage volunteers including, prospects, parents, alumni, grandparents, clergy, students, faculty and administrative staff, etc.
- Assist and mentor volunteers with planning and management
- Work closely with the Academy Board of Directors, staff and volunteers to assist them in their activities.
- Develop, maintain and update a constituent database
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration and/or related educational or marketing/sales field.
- Prior experience with fundraising and coordinating volunteers, a plus.
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic Elementary education.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to engage volunteers, prospects, parents, grandparents, students, alumni, faculty and administrative staff.
- Exhibit and articulate vision and drive with an entrepreneurial spirit and be committed to embracing the mission of St. Kevin Catholic Academy.
- Detailed oriented, able to multi-task, effectively delegate tasks, work collaboratively, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy (Word, Access, Excel) and competency with electronic donor tracking systems.
- Trustworthy and loyal. Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel locally and work some nights and weekends
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full time position.
- The Academy offers competitive compensation based on experience and position requirements. Benefits are provided by the Diocese of Brooklyn. Saint Kevin Catholic Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Karen S. Suero c/o Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org