Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
The Associate Development Officer is responsible for fostering internal and external relationships which support the goals and mission of Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens, as well as Futures In Education. As member of the Advancement team, s/he is responsible for the development and implementation of the annual Major Gift Plan, in concert with the Director of Development.
The Associate Development Officer will be responsible for the solicitation and cultivation of major gift prospects, assisting with special events, communications, social media, marketing, direct mail and other solicitation tools. S/he will be responsible for managing his/her own prospect lists as well as follow-ups, reporting and solicitations.
In addition to Major Gift responsibilities, s/he will be responsible for providing ongoing assistance to the Director of Development in support of all aspects of Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens| Futures in Education’s fundraising and operational needs.
- Provide the Director of Development with ongoing assistance for all CFBQ and Futures in Education’s operational and fundraising needs
- Identify, prioritize, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects
- Attend special events and networking opportunities as determined by Development Director
- Create and implement customized strategies for cultivating and soliciting donors, prospective donors, and friends that result in increased contributions, including use of social media and online tools
- Accompany the Director of Development and/or Board members on cultivation and solicitation visits as appropriate
- Develop program materials
- Implement recognition and stewardship procedures
- Integrate the major gift strategy with other general fundraising activities
- Assist with the development and preparation of materials, reports and presentations for both internal and external meetings attended by the Director of Development
- Carry out other assignments, duties, and responsibilities, as needed, to support CFBQ and Futures In Education’s overall fundraising objectives.
- Prepare, and distribute, weekly memos, as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 2 years professional development experience
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to meet with potential Major Gift prospects
- Required to work nights and weekends where appropriate
- Familiarity with donor management systems encouraged, although not required
Interested applicants should send a resume with their salary requirements, along with a letter of interest specifying the position for which they are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain posted until filled.