The Office of Fiscal Management is seeking a Compliance Auditor – Field to assist the Director in performing the financial functions for the Parishes. Conduct assigned Parish Administrative and Financial Reviews in a competent, professional and thorough manner.
- Overall review of the Parish’s current accounting, accounts payable and payroll systems.
- Effectively plan and organize the information, tools, and techniques for the performance of assigned administrative and financial reviews of parishes.
- Execute administrative and financial review assignments in accordance with accepted professional standards and prepare a report with recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations, and reductions in cost.
- Assist in the training of staff members in accounting software.
- Provide recommendations for improving the accounts payable and payroll systems.
- Provide assistance as requested to parishes, schools, corporations, agencies and departments in the area of financial management and administration.
- Assist in the continuous evaluation and improvement of administrative and financial review programs, procedures, questionnaires, tests and techniques.
- Review of parish budgets and financial reports.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director or Secretary of Financial Administration Office of the Econome.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in accounting field.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting and internal audit.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle for travel to parishes within Brooklyn and Queens.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, its tenets, structure, beliefs and attitudes.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants should send a resume, three professional references, along with a letter of interest specifying their salary requirements and the position for which they are applying to: email@example.com
This position will remain posted until filled. No agencies please.