The Administrative Assistant – Chaplaincy provides all clerical and administrative support needed for the Hospital and Healthcare Chaplaincy Program and all chaplains assigned to schools and other institutions. As part of the administrative support staff for the Director of Clergy Personnel, this position will also provide staffing coverage and project support for annual reoccuring and special projects.
- To maintain chaplaincy schedule of hospital coverage for parishes as well as for chaplains; including vacation, weekend, and emergency coverage.
- Troubleshoot scheduling issues and track payment of chaplains.
- To maintain records in regard to office budget. Submit all expense requests and track any requests under the budget for accuracy and promptness.
- To maintain a record of account receivables from hospitals and parishes, where applicable.
- To facilitate communication with hospital directors and chaplains.
- Maintain accurate database of information.
- Respond to general inquires for information.
- Type all letters, memos and memorandum required by the Director and for the office as needed.
- Open mail, prepare copies, maintaining the office’s filing system, route phone calls and perform all general and necessary office functions.
- Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at levels of the organization
- Recommend changes in office practices or procedures
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and obtaining supplies
- Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Ability to work alone and strong tendency towards taking initiative required.
- Working knowledge of the Diocese of Brooklyn and the tenets of the Catholic faith required.
- Highly proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook required / Experience with Quickbooks or the ability to learn, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- College graduate preferred (minimum of High School Diploma)
- Ability to work with numbers required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
Interested applicants should send a resume with their salary requirements, along with a letter of interest specifying the position for which they are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain posted until filled.