Parish Youth Ministry Coordinator Position
Part & Full-Time Positions Available
Candidates for youth ministry positions must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic committed to the mission of Catholic education
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
This position oversees and advocates for the Youth Ministry program at a parish or cluster of parishes. The Youth Minister Coordinator (YMC) will work with the Volunteer Youth Ministry Team to coordinate parish youth and youth ministry (Junior and Senior High) opportunities as well as assist in the guidance on the use of resources for specific youth ministry needs of the parish.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (partial list)
The YMC will work with and guide parish youth ministers and volunteers to ensure that the eight ministry components of Renewing The Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry are developed within their specific youth ministry program.
The YMC will assist and guide participating parishes in assessing their local youth
ministry needs and needs of youth in general.
Communication and Collaboration
- Maintain a realistic visitation schedule based on the requests of the youth ministers and support staff of the participating parishes.
- Communicate with, resource, and support staff and other ministers on a parish level.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in all relationships.
Program Planning and Evaluation
In conjunction with participating parishes the YMC will:
- Review curriculum and program resources for junior and senior high youth.
- Work with youth ministry teams (volunteers) to help design and/or select program materials in conjunction with the parish pastor/administrator.
- Coordinate and assist with area-wide:
- Prayer and worship experiences
- Justice and service projects.
- Youth leadership (peer to peer) development.
- Teen Bible Study
Program Recruitment and Formation
The YMC, in conjunction with youth ministry teams (volunteer) and parish DRE, will:
- Encourage, promote and identify catechists for junior and senior high school youth.
- Provide opportunities (as per Diocesan Regulations and in coordination with each parish DRE) for teacher training, lesson planning, and lesson ideas.
- Use the parish lists of those who recently received Confirmation to invite youth to participate in parish youth activities.
In participating parishes, the YMC will be responsible for two review reports submitted to the pastor as well as to the Catholic Foundation and Office of Faith Formation of the Diocese of Brooklyn on the progress of the program.
- The YMC should be familiar with and able to use various items of office equipment:
- PC or Mac word processing and other applications
- Windows XP or higher (MicrosoftWord/ Excel/ Power-point)
- LCD Projector
- Sound system/PA
- The YMC must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing and sensitive to a variety of Catholic Experiences.
- The YMC is expected to be familiar with the document “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry” (Department of Education,USCC1997).
- The YMC must be self-initiating and possess good organizational skills; be able to work cooperatively with parish employees and volunteers, as well as priests, religious and lay people of the affiliated parishes.
- He/she should possess good public relations skills and be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in a positive and professional manner.
- He/she should be available on weekends and evenings as realistically needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Continuing evidence of professional development through academic course work, participation in workshops, or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated successful leadership and personal role modeling in the parish and/or Diocesan youth ministry as a Youth Minister, Pastoral Assistant, or equivalent position.
Send your resume and cover letter to Paul Morisi, Director of Youth and Young Adult Faith Formation at email@example.com