The staff of the Diocese of Brooklyn’s Secretariat for Evangelization and Catechesis offers support and resources for parishes that need assistance providing special-needs religious education. If you are a pastor, priest, deacon, or catechetical leader, please contact Rev. Joseph Gibino at email@example.com or 718-281-9544.
If you are a parent/guardian or relative interested in a particular parish’s special needs religious education resources, please contact the parish directly.
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has issued these revised guidelines relating to the Celebration of Sacraments with Persons with Disabilities. These guidelines should be followed carefully.
Other special needs religious education resources are available on the links below:
- National Catholic Partnership on Disabilities
- Loyola Press: The Catechist’s Backpack
- Sadlier: Including Children with Special Needs in Religious Education
- Our Sunday Visitor: Special Blessings for Special-Needs Children
- RCL-Benziger: Children with Special Needs Teaching Tips