POSITION POSTING: PRESIDENT
ST. JOHN’S PREPARATORY HIGH SCHOOL
21-21 Crescent Street
Astoria, NY 11105
Start Date:July 1, 2019
St. John’s Preparatory School, a college preparatory co-educational high school, is dedicated to promoting academic excellence and to instilling the principles and values of the Catholic Faith in a positive, nurturing environment.
Inspired by its Vincentian tradition, St. John’s Prep is built upon the profound respect for every individual. Students’ character formation is nurtured through a vigorous academic curriculum, an engaging religious program, enriching service experiences and extensive extracurricular opportunities. St. John’s Prep prepares students to be successful in meeting the challenges of the 21st century and in creating a world in which all “have life more abundantly.”
The President will be appointed by the St. John’s Preparatory Board of Trustees and will serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the school. The President reports to the Board of Trustees. The President has both the authority and responsibility to ensure the leadership of the community, policies and programs, faith community and mission effectiveness, relationship with the board of trustees, communication, institutional advancement and planning, admissions and enrollment management, business and financial management, appointment and supervision of personnel, physical plan and facilities.
- A practicing Catholic with an understanding and commitment to the mission of a Catholic High School.
- 10 years or more of approved teaching and/or administrative/supervisory experience.
- New York State Certifications: School Administrative Supervisor (SAS), School District Administrator (SDA), School District Leader (SDL).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work with student, parents, and community members.
- Interested Candidates should send a Letter of Application and a Curriculum Vitae to the
Board’s Search Committee e-mail address at email@example.com