A South Brooklyn parish is looking for a part time secretary for 25 hours per week (5 hours a day, 5 days a week). Qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and general computer skills.
- Organization and general office administration skills.
- Customer service and phone skills and an ability to work well with others.
- Spanish language abilities are a plus.
Qualified candidates should email a resume and references to email@example.com
FULL TIME SECRETARY POSITION
A parish in Brooklyn is looking for a full time secretary. Qualifications include general computer and office skills, including Microsoft Office, mail merge and general computer knowledge as well as email applications. Knowledge of Excel would be a plus. Candidates should be personable and able to communicate well both on the phone and in person.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program for the Development of Human Potential (PDHP)
Department of Education, Diocese of Brooklyn
PDHP, the Program for the Development of Human Potential, operates under the auspices of the Department of Education, Diocese of Brooklyn. It is funded primarily by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and other state and federal grants. PDHP provides alcohol, substance abuse and gambling prevention services to the Catholic elementary and high schools in Brooklyn and Queens.
- Prepare and handle all written & verbal correspondence and e-mail communication as required by the Executive Director.
- Review and be familiar with all contracts, budgets, funding sources and guidelines. Notarize or obtain notary signature on all contracts as required.
- Assist in implementing procedural changes required by the funding sources or by the Executive Director.
- Provide technical assistance to the field office staff and monitor various service contracts.
- Maintain personnel files, program files and attendance records in accordance with OASAS guidelines.
- Act as human resource liaison between director, all staff, and diocesan Human Resources Department. Process new employee paperwork and any HR changes made for existing employees. Keep current in any issues pertaining to New York State and City Labor Laws. Process all paperwork and schedule appointments for background screening as required by OASAS.
- Maintain fiscal records for all contracts in accordance to funding source guidelines. Code, record, approve (in the absence of the Executive Director), and submit all invoices and payment requests as required to the Finance Office of the Department of Education.
- Prepare and submit all fiscal reimbursement requests to the funding sources as required.
- Maintain and replenish petty cash fund as needed for the central office.
- Prepare and maintain equipment register as required by the funding source. Keep inventory of supplies and replenish as needed.
- Prepare site, organize materials, and take minutes at monthly staff meetings.
- Assist in planning and organizing program workshops or conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of five years office management experience.
- Excellent organizational, typing and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – word, excel spreadsheets, publisher, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with various internal/external e-mail communication and internet applications.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of funded non-for-profit- programs/guidelines.
- Notary License preferred.
- Exemplary writer as evidenced by submission of writing samples.
- Skilled at editing and proof reading letters assigned by Executive Director.
- Proficient typing.
- Can record meeting accurate notes (handwritten and electronically).
Qualified candidates should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter to: email@example.com