Registration and tuition differ on a school-by-school basis. In order to enroll your child in a Catholic elementary academy or school, you must contact the school directly to learn about their requirements and process. Below is some general information that applies to most academies and schools.
- 3-year-old Pre-K: must be 3 by December 31st, 2015
- 4-year-old Pre-K: must be 4 by December 31st, 2015
- Kindergarten: must be 5 by December 31st, 2015
- Grade 1: must be 6 by December 31st, 2015
Students entering grade 1 through 8 are typically required to submit a copy of the following:
- Recent report card and transcript from the school the student is transferring from
- Transfer letter
- If applicable, the current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) on file with the Committee for Special Education (CSE).
- For Catholics: a letter from previous Catholic School or Religious Education Program stating the dates of First Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation
Documentation typically needed at the Time of Registration:
- Birth Certificate (Original or notarized copy)
- Baptismal Certificate (Original Copy) if child was baptized.
- Medical information – Immunization Record from birth until present age
- Name and address of the person responsible for the payments of registration and tuition fees
Average annual tuition for a Catholic elementary academy or school in Brooklyn and Queens is about $4,000. It can be lower or higher depending upon the school. Annual tuition for one child does not exceed $5,000. Discounts for multiple children are always available. These discounts also differ on a school-by-school basis.
Need-based scholarships offered through Futures in Education can help with student tuition costs, as well as incentive programs which may be offered by the school. Please refer to the Catholic Academy and School Guide (PDF) for more information about a particular academy or school. Always call the school for the most recent updates, or to make an appointment.