Purpose of Position:
The Finance Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of entry level clerical accounting functions in one or more of the following areas: general ledger accounting, accounts receivable, and/or accounts payable, cash management and student billing. The Finance Administrative Assistant reports to the CFO and works closely with the Director of Finance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Prior experience with Blackbaud Non Profit software and Quick Books preferred
- Basic accounting skills required
- Highly organized and able to multi-task; detail oriented
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial data. Ability to assist faculty, parents, and all who have inquiries in seeking information
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and constituent groups in a professional, courteous and responsive manner.
- Must have advanced computer skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the monthly closing of the schools accounting system, including account reconciliation, general ledger review and monthly closing entries.
- Coordinates daily cash management and cash flow reports.
- Works closely with the Advancement Associate to reconcile donor gifts with the General Ledger
- Assists in reconciliation of schools investments
- Assists in preparing fixed asset schedules and depreciation schedules.
- Assists in managing credit card and online transaction activity.
- Assists in entering new students billing information, and carries forward existing students in the accounting system.
- 12 month position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include Medical & Dental, Short & Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com