For more information on any of the below programs for Youth and Young Adults in the Diocese of Brooklyn, please contact:
Coordinator, Adolescent and Young Adult Faith Formation
Office of Faith Formation, School of Evangelization
718.965.7300, ext. 5556
Youth Ministry (Grades 6-12)
The diocesan Youth Ministry team works to empower young people — junior high school grades 6-8, and senior high school grades 9-12 — to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today. We work together with adult parish youth ministry leadership, across parishes and schools, to develop comprehensive youth ministry programs.
We also collaborate with diocesan agencies and organizations, regional and national Catholic Youth Ministry leadership on activities and issues of mutual concern and benefit, consistent with the goals of the Office of Faith Formation.
Each year we host the Diocesan Youth Day — a day of catechesis, pray, worship and fellowship with youth from Brooklyn and Queens.
The Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) serves the youth of the Diocese of Brooklyn through sports and other programs. For more information, visit www.cyodob.org.
Young Adults (Ages 18-39)
We also offer programs and social activities throughout the year for Young Adults (aged 18-39) including:
- Brooklyn Catholic Youth Day: An annual day of catechesis, prayer, worship, fun and fellowship for youth ages 13-18 from Brooklyn and Queens.
- Walking Pilgrimage: October 2017 gathering Catholic Young Adults from around the Diocese to share time, prayer and fellowship as we visit parishes in Queens.
- Theology on Tap: Discover how faith can give sense to your everyday lives, in a comfortable and relaxed setting. Visit our Facebook page to learn more about these events.
- Grilling With God: This series features weekly cookouts with guest speakers and a discussion of issues that are important to young adult Catholics. Click here for more information
- Annual Young Adult Masses and Day of Reflection
- Events around NYC: Click here for more information about young adult groups and events around the city.
Catholic Youth Ministry Initiative
The Center for Ministry Development supports the CYMI by providing training, resources and consultation to assist the diocesan staff in supporting vibrant youth ministry. This project consists of nine gathered workshops provided on Saturdays over a three-year period. These workshops are provided for the leaders of youth ministry and their teams. The workshop day also includes an element of team planning. Planning work will also be assigned to teams to complete in between workshops.
Steubenville NYC will take place on the campus of St. John’s University in Queens, New York. The 105-acre Queens campus offers a traditional university environment in the world’s most dynamic city. The event with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ. Evangelistic in nature, these weekend conferences are both a great “introduction” to the Gospel message for new or younger teens, while offering deep and moving experiences of prayer and fellowship for even your Youth Group regulars. https://steubenvilleconferences.com/youth/
Learn more about the Jornada groups for young adults in Brooklyn and Queens.