Whereas, the historic church of SS. Peter and Paul Parish in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, dedicated in 1848, was demolished in 1957 after years of disrepair due to a fire;
Whereas, the current church, located at 82 South Second Street, between Berry Street and Wythe Ave, was from its construction provisional in nature;
Whereas, the changing population demographics and financial challenges faced by the parish present serious concerns for the future stability of the Parish of Ss. Peter and Paul;
Whereas, Monsignor Anthony Hernandez, Administrator of Ss. Peter and Paul Parish, after having consulted the members of the faithful and having determined that the care of the souls would not be harmed has requested the current church structure as part of a larger strategic plan to ensure the future vibrancy of Ss. Peter and Paul…
Click here to read the full text of the Decree (original document).